You know what feels great? Knowing that I have another day off tomorrow! Even though the weather is so gloomy today, I’m going to stay positive and upbeat. Now onto business…
I’m so honored to receive the Versatile Blogger Award from Colleen, a healthy living blogger who always has something fun to say. She’s so real, and one of those bloggers who I know I’d be friends with if we actually met! Thank so much Colleen!
So, to display this award, here are the rules:
- Write a post like this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog
- Tell your readers seven facts about you
- Award recently discovered bloggers with the prize.
- Contact the winners.
Here goes nothing…
1. I am super competitive when it comes to sports. Ever play knock out? I’ll be the person who will take my basketball and hit yours in the opposite direction when it comes toward me. I love to win, and I will do everything in my power to make it happen! I played volleyball and basketball in high school, so don’t like my small size fool you. I’m one feisty girl!
2. I want a real lightsaber. I’ve been a fan of Star Wars since I was a little kid, and it’s not something that I hide. I’m proud of my obsession, and I really don’t care if people think it’s weird. I read the books, I can quote all the movies and I had posters and pictures on my bedroom walls as a kid. Star Wars rocks!
3. I had horrible problems with girls in junior high. I was friends with the “popular girls” in middle school, and needless to say, I thought I was one cool girl. But things don’t stay perfect for long. One day they decided to turn against me, and pretty much make seventh grade hell for me. They called me names, they threw candy at me, they prank called me, they spread rumors about me; it was horrible. Luckily, I was able to meet true friends after that, and I’ve learned that no matter what, stay true to yourself because girls can be vicious.
4. I was named after my grandmother, and there are three Sophias in our family. It’s Greek tradition to name your children after their grandparents, but most of the time, the firstborn is named after someone in the dad’s family. But my dad was so sure that I was going to be a boy, he told my mom that if I ended up being a girl, she could name me after her mom. Low and behold, I was born and they had to name me Sophia. My dad’s parents were pretty much furious, but thankfully, my little sister and brother got both of their names.
5. I want my own library one day, or at least a couple massive bookcases. I have over 100 books that I’ve bought throughout my life, and I’m not stopping any time soon. The problem is that it’s hard to find space for all my books, so the one thing I want when I get my own place is a room or a little area to house my literature. In a perfect world, it would look like the library the Beast gives Belle in Beauty and the Beast, but I doubt that’ll happen.
6. I still crave Pepsi every once in a while. Since I was allowed to drink pop, and up until senior year of high school, I drank at least 2-3 cans of Pepsi a day. I don’t know what it was about the drink that I liked so much, but I would literally chug it and always make the “ahhh” noise after my first gulp. In college, I told myself I needed to quit drinking Pepsi, since I wasn’t playing sports anymore, and I’ve been pretty good since then. I do sometimes get random cravings for it, and sometimes I just have to have some.
7. Wuthering Heights is my favorite book. I read it every summer, and it never ceases to amaze me. Now I know that there are tons of people who hate the book, despise the characters and think it’s completely over-rated, and I disagree with them wholeheartedly. This book is one-of-a-kind, it’s so well-written and you can’t help but admit that these two horrible human beings belong with each other. Read this book!
Now tell me a random fact about you!