Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Hope you’re having a great day, no matter if you’re staying in (like me!) or doing something extra special.
Since Paul and I are planning on doing Valentine’s Day/anniversary stuff over President’s Day weekend, today has been a pretty normal day for me. But he did stop by on his way to basketball to drop off a couple things.
I love having flowers in my room. It just makes me so much more cheerful. Does anyone else feel like that too?
I also got Paul a small box of his favorite chocolate, Ferrero Rocher, and some fun, personalized M&Ms.
Tonight’s going to be pretty low-key for me. I got a 3.5-mile run done on the treadmill, and I’m ready to crawl into my bed and watch a fun chick flick. Something cute has to be on!
Also, kind of random, but I was thinking about love songs today, and I wanted to post some of my favorites. Hope you find a couple you enjoy:
1. K-Ci and JoJo – All My Life – I remember dancing to this song at my first dance in 6th grade!
2. Led Zeppelin – All of My Love – This my favorite Zeppelin song, and the horns are so beautiful.
3. Cure – Lovesong – I’m really not into ’80s music, but this one is too good to pass up.
4. Johnny Cash – Ring of Fire – The man in black really knows what he’s talking about on this one.
5. Goo Goo Dolls – Iris – This band has really fallen off since the ’90s, but this song will always be a good one.
6. The Pretenders – I’ll Stand By You – I love her voice in this song!
7. The Zombies – Time of the Season – A fun, old-fashioned love song.
8. Temptations – My Girl – Everyone needs to know this one.
9. Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On – Sexual references aside, you know you just want to jam to this song.
10. Rolling Stones – Wild Horses – A perfect wedding song.
11. Percy Sledge – When a Man Loves a Woman – Old school love songs are so much better than the new ones!
12. Oasis – Wonderwall – One of the best ’90s songs, by far.
13. Sonny & Cher – I Got You Babe – When I was a kid, I could do the best Cher impression. Now…not so much.
14. Guns N’ Roses – Sweet Child o’ Mine – Not all love songs have to be slow!
15. Stone Temple Pilots – Interstate Love Song – One of my favorite tunes ever!
16. U2 – With or Without You – I really don’t like U2 at all, but this one is a classic, especially when they played it in Friends.
17. Pearl Jam – Black – The opening of this song is ridiculously good.
18. Air – Playground Love – Ever since I saw “The Virgin Suicides,” I’ve loved this one.
19. The Plimsouls – The Oldest Story in the World – Two words: “Valley Girl.”
20. Aerosmith – I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – How could you not love this song?
21. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Don’t Forget Me – Probably my favorite song of all-time.
22. The Wallflowers – One Headlight – My second favorite 🙂
23. Seal – Kiss from a Rose – So beautiful.
Wow, I did way more than I meant to, and I’m sure I missed a ton of my favorites! There are just way too many good love songs out there.
I wasn’t going to post about lunch, but I just need to say that I love avocados.
What’s your favorite love song? Or do you have 10 million, like me? Avocados…yay or nay?