2010 has been an interesting year, and one filled with huge changes. Overall, I’d say this year was pretty good, but being in the real world is not always fun. Alright, here they are! My top 10 moments of the year:
1. Graduating college – I loved my four years at Loyola. I met so many new friends, and people and teachers that I’ll never forget. But I had gotten to the point where I was ready to move on, and ready to start the next chapter of my life. LUC, you were amazing! I’ll miss you!
2. Getting a full-time job – I had been interning at a company since December, and though I thought they might offer me a position, I wasn’t totally sure. I still applied to over 30 jobs online to be safe. But when they told me they were offing me a full-time gig, I was ecstatic!
3. Running a 5k in 34:30 – This may seem trivial to most people, especially all the hard-core runners out there, but for me this was a big deal. Now, I have the confidence to run a race in the spring, and I have a goal: to beat my treadmill time. Going along with this, I really got back into working out this year. That’s part of this moment, but the run time is my icing on the cake!
4. Completing NaNoWriMo – I’ve been writing creatively for years, but I’ve never had the focus or determination to actually complete a novel. National Novel Writing Month changed me. It not only showed me that I could write an entire book, but that it’s a novel that I continue working on and editing for the rest of my life!
5. Disney World trip with the family – In January, my siblings, three of my cousins, my aunt and uncle and I packed up our things and headed to Florida. The temperatures were record lows and I didn’t pack more than one sweatshirt, but we had such a fun time. I’m obsessed with DW, and I probably won’t go back until I have kids one day, so this was a phenomenal trips. So many memories!
6. Lady Gaga concert with Angie – Gaga is one of the most talented musicians of my generation, and this concert proved it. We danced, we laughed and we couldn’t wait to see all of the funky outfits Gaga would rock. Plus, Angie and I wore blonde wigs, and I must admit, it was kind of fun to be blonde for a night!
7. Another strong year with Paul – I don’t have one moment to add here because the majority of the time that I spend with my wonderful boyfriend is, well, wonderful. We’ve been dating for almost 4 years, and I’m still head-over-heels in love with him. We did some fun things this year, like the Bears game, Cubs games and a boat trip on Lake Michigan but I think I’m happiest when we just cuddle up together and watch movies.
8. Angie turning 21 – My sister is my best friend, and it was nice knowing that we could finally go out together without worrying if she’d get into the bar. For our combined birthday party, one of our friends who’s family owns a school bus company, picked up 25 of our closest friends and drove us (in the school bus!) down to Wrigleyville. That bus trip was wild, to say the least!
9. Seeing Wuthering Heights performed on the stage – For my birthday, Paul took me to see both Romeo & Juliet at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater, but also Wuthering Heights at a small theater in Rogers Park. Wuthering Heights is my favorite book of all-time. I’ve read it about 5 times, and I make a point to read it every summer. I thought the play was phenomenal, and I loved knowing that Paul could finally understand why I’m obsessed with this story!
10. Losing 10 pounds – I’m only 5’2, so when I gain weight, it immediately shows. Usually, I don’t even need to go on the scale. If my clothes are feeling tight, then I’ve definitely added some extra baggage to my love handles. At the beginning of the year, I was up to almost 125 pounds. I know, it doesn’t seem like a lot to you, but for me, it’s not where I wanted to be. The problem was that I didn’t eat well, and I didn’t work out. But that changed in the fall, when I got my butt on the treadmill, and I started eating more vegetables and fruits. I also really cut down on red meat. Now, I’m 115 pounds, and I look and feel so much better!
I loved this year, know that I think about it more! Do you have any top moments of 2010?